AVOID PLUMBING AND SEWER PROBLEMS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
The holidays are fast approaching, and the last thing you’ll want to have happen is a sewer or drainage backup, especially when your friends and family are visiting! Many factors lead to plumbing problems, and knowledge of them beforehand could help to prevent, or at least minimize them.
- More people in the home equals more flushes and showers
- Colder weather prompts people to stay indoors more, often resulting in more food waste and showers to stay warm
- More precipitation, especially here in the PNW, creates more ground water and potential tree root intrusion in already old and weakened sewer pipe lines
You can avoid many of these potential problems by taking precautionary measures.
- Have your sewer lines inspected long before your guests arrive. With the extra wet and humid environment, the root-growing season is just now coming to an end. A camera inspection of your current sewer status lets you know if you have any root intrusion of your sewer pipes, or if offsets, bellies (sags), or cracks are present that may need repair before the holidays get here.
- Avoid disposing of fats, oils, and grease (FOG) down your drains. Use paper towels to wipe out small amounts into your trash can. If you have large amounts (such as a deep fryer), pour the contents into a disposable container, and throw it into the garbage once it has congealed.
- Don’t put stringy, greasy, or hard food scraps down the drain! Celery, potato skins, and bones can wrap around the disposal’s blades and cause the motor to freeze up. Pastas and rice can expand in the pipes, causing more blockages.
- Don’t flush anything that ISN’T toilet paper! Wipes (even “flushable”), diapers, feminine products, hair, Q-tips, paper towels, etc., could cause blockages in your home’s plumbing system.
These few precautions can save you a LOT of headache this holiday season. We want to make sure your holidays are joyous, not painful! Call us at 253-327-1399 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today to set up your pre-holiday sewer inspections at the special rate of only $199.00!